The California Montessori Project Board consists of a broad cross-section of professionals with the skills necessary to appropriately oversee the operation of the organization. These members may have, among other valuable traits, experience in education, business, technology, facilities, leadership development and organizational development.
The CMP Board of Directors will be responsible for the operation and fiscal affairs of the School including but not limited to:
- The general policies of the School;
- Approval and monitoring of the School’s annual budget;
- Receipt of funds for the operation of the School in accordance with the charter school laws;
- Solicitation and receipt of grants and donations consistent with the mission of the School;
- Approving the School’s personnel policies and monitoring the implementation of these policies by the Principal and/or duly constituted committees;
- Hiring and evaluating the Executive Director;
- Approval of contracts with outside entities or persons over ten thousand dollars;
- Financial audit oversight; and
- All matters related to Charter approval, amendment, or revocation.
The Charter School Board of Directors may initiate and carry out any program or activity that is not in conflict with or inconsistent with any law and which is not in conflict with the purposes for which charter schools are established.
Governing Board Elections
March 11 - April 5, 2019. Please see CMPs home page for detailed information.