Middle School (7/8)
View Events/Assignments for
- Valentine's Grams Sales starting 2/5!
Click here for the full flyer!
- Roller Skate Social - 2/20
Click here for the Roller Skate Social flyer.
- MS Spring Dance @ Capital Campus - 3/29
- SEVERE FOOD ALLERGY NOTIFICATION
SEVERE FOOD ALLERGY
This notice is intended to alert the families of the Middle School classrooms that students in your child’s class have a severe allergy to peanuts and/or ALL tree nuts (i.e. almonds, cashews, pecans, pistachios, hazelnuts, pine nuts, etc.). Their reaction can be anaphylactic, meaning that just contacting or inhaling dust of these foods or food residues can trigger a life threatening reaction for them. We would appreciate your cooperation in regard to the following:
- Please refrain from packing products containing nuts in lunches or snacks. We understand that this can be challenging, but minimizing the chance for exposure is the best prevention.
- If your child has a nut product for breakfast, please emphasize the importance of thorough hand and face washing prior to entering the classroom.
- Discuss this situation with your student so that they can develop safe habits and consideration for their classmates.
- Please refrain from bringing class snacks or treats containing nuts or those “manufactured in a facility that also processes peanuts or tree nuts” when bringing foods intended for the whole class. It is not difficult to find alternative food choices and the labels are clearly stated as required by law.
By working together and adhering to these guidelines, we will provide a safe environment for all of our students. Please feel free to contact your teacher or the office staff if you have any questions.
We sincerely thank you for your cooperation!