Middle School (7/8)
View Events/Assignments for
- Pine Hill Orchard permission slips due - 12/7!
In January, the MS students have a wonderful opportunity to explore Pine Hill Orchard, located in Penryn CA. Students will explore the land, learn about the livestock, and also learn about irrigation. Today, the students will be sent home with field trip slips to be completed (both sides please) and returned by 12/7. The field trip will be an all day trip and will be on Wednesday, January 30th. We need to get a jump start on drivers, so we are asking that this form be returned by this friday, December 7th. Click here for permission slip.
- SJUSD Open Enrollment Info
San Juan Unified School District open enrollment information flier, click here.
- Winter Dance @ Elk Grove Campus - 12/7
The CMP Elk Grove Middle School will host the winter dance on Friday, December 7 from 7-9:30pm. Click here for Winter Dance Flyer.
- Middle School New Student Info Night - 12/11/18
Come meet the middle school teachers for an overview presentation of the program here at the American River campus. There will also be a panel of alumni students and parents to answer any questions! Meeting will be held 12/11/18 at 5:30pm in the MP Room.
- Blaze Pizza Fundraiser - 12/11
Come support Middle School field trips by attending our Family Night Out at Blaze Pizza in Gold River from 5-8pm on Tuesday, December 11. Bring the Blaze flyer to 2137 Golden Center Drive.
- Studio Movie Grill Tickets are back!
Need Christmas gifts, stocking stuffers, or just want to show someone your appreciation? Movie tickets are always a great gift. Each ticket is $10, with 50% of sales coming back to help support the Middle School Immersion trips.You can find us this FRIDAY, at the HARVEST FESTIVAL. We will be selling tickets at a booth in the MP Room. You can also purchase tickets through December 15th by contacting Marleena Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you in advance for supporting our middle school!
- Job Shadow Days 12/11-13
Click here for Permission slip.
- SEVERE FOOD ALLERGY NOTIFICATION
SEVERE FOOD ALLERGY
This notice is intended to alert the families of the Middle School classrooms that students in your child’s class have a severe allergy to peanuts and/or ALL tree nuts (i.e. almonds, cashews, pecans, pistachios, hazelnuts, pine nuts, etc.). Their reaction can be anaphylactic, meaning that just contacting or inhaling dust of these foods or food residues can trigger a life threatening reaction for them. We would appreciate your cooperation in regard to the following:
- Please refrain from packing products containing nuts in lunches or snacks. We understand that this can be challenging, but minimizing the chance for exposure is the best prevention.
- If your child has a nut product for breakfast, please emphasize the importance of thorough hand and face washing prior to entering the classroom.
- Discuss this situation with your student so that they can develop safe habits and consideration for their classmates.
- Please refrain from bringing class snacks or treats containing nuts or those “manufactured in a facility that also processes peanuts or tree nuts” when bringing foods intended for the whole class. It is not difficult to find alternative food choices and the labels are clearly stated as required by law.
By working together and adhering to these guidelines, we will provide a safe environment for all of our students. Please feel free to contact your teacher or the office staff if you have any questions.
We sincerely thank you for your cooperation!